首页 > 英语单词

苏州美联英语:读故事记托福单词 The Way Home

2014-11-18 16:35   类别:语法   来源:   责编:Simple

苏州美联英语:

It seemed like a long ascent to the top.

登上山顶的路好长好长。

The mountain appreared barren, as though it had suffered through many years of arid climate.

这座山看起来光秃秃的,似乎饱受了常年的干旱天气。

I had no idea why I have to climbing this mountain.

我不知道自己为什么要爬这座山。

All I could recall was that I had been reading a fascinating artical about climbing.

我只记得当时我正在读一篇关于登山的精彩文章。

But with my arthritis, how could I possibly make it to the top?

但我患有关节炎,怎么可能爬上山顶呢?

Despite my confusion, I ascended the mountain.

糊里糊涂中,我开始登山。

After what seemed like an hour, I stumbled across a small artificial structure. It was hidden behind a large rocks.

约莫一小时后,我跌跌撞撞地走过一个藏在大石块后的小型人造建筑物。

I was shocked to discover that it was an arsenal containing an array of antiquated armor and armament.

我愕然发现这竟是个军械库,里面存放着全系列的古老盔甲和武器。

All of it appeared to be handmade, probably by a 17th century artisan.

这里的一切似乎都是手工制作的,很可能出自一位17世纪工匠之手。

It was a bit scray, so I left quickly and continued my acsent.

这里怪恐怖的,我很快就离开了,继续我的攀登。

Further up, I ran into a man dressed like an aristocrat.

我继续往上走,遇到了一位穿戴类似贵族的男人。

He was articulating some kind of ancient arithmetic.

他正清清楚楚地讲着什么古老算术。

His presence aroused my curiosity.

他的存在引起了我的好奇,

I asked him what he was doing on the mountain.

我便问他在山上做些什么。

He rudely responded,"don't you know where you are?"

他粗鲁的回答到:“难道你不知道自己在哪吗?”

What an arrogant man, I thought to myself.

这人真够傲慢的,我想。

After what felt like another hour, I spotted a small cave.

又过了大约一个小时,我发现了一个小山洞,

I found an old monk living inside.

洞里住这个老和尚。

Foolishly, I offered him some wine.

我竟傻巴拉叽的请他喝葡萄酒。

I should have known that monks practice asceticism.

我应该知道和尚奉行禁欲主义,

But he wasn't offended.

还好他没有生气。

He simply smile and said,"I am indeed an ascetic person."

他只是笑了笑,说道:“我是个真正的禁欲主义者。”

I told the monk that I was tired and missed my home.

我告诉那和尚我好累、好想家。

"Open your eyes" he whispered."You are already home."

“睁开你的眼睛。”他悄悄说道,“你到家了。”

Suddenly, I began to hear the sound of my favorite aria.

我突然听到我最喜欢的咏唱调,

I could sense the aroma of a familiar aromatic substance.

又问道熟悉的香料散发出的芬芳。

It was followed by a familiar voice.

然后,一个熟悉的声音说话了。

"Wake up" my wife said.

“醒醒吧!”妻子说到,

"Here's your coffee! You're late for work."

“这是你的咖啡,你上班要迟到了。”

aria n.独唱曲,咏唱调

arid adj.干旱的

aristocrat n.贵族

arithmetic n.算术

armament n.军备,武器

armor n.装甲;装甲车

aroma n.香气,芬芳,芳香

aromatic adj.芬芳的

arouse vt.刺激,激起;唤醒

array n.展示,陈列;一系列

arrogant adj.傲慢的,自大的

arsenal n.兵工厂,军械库

arthritis n.关节炎

article n.论文,文章;物品,条款

articulate vt.清楚的讲话,清晰的发音

artificial adj.人造的,人工的;虚假的,矫揉造作的

artisan n.手工业工人,手艺人

ascend vi.(渐渐的)升高,上升

ascent n.攀登,上升

ascetic n.苦行者,禁欲者;adj.禁欲的,苦行的

asceticism n.禁欲主义




更多精彩内容尽在苏州美联英语:http://suz.enguo.com/

赞一下( ) 收藏
适合人群:商务白领
难度:
标签:语法  
我要参与
验证码:   看不清楚,换张图片
精彩活动